This is my first blog entry. I just went through my monthly budget and determined that I could afford the membership fee right now. I am in the very beginning process of starting a school. So early in the process, it doesn’t even have a name yet!
Here’s what I do have:
- A year off from teaching (I’ll either be an ed tech in the classroom I’ve been teaching this school year, or get another job) so that I can concentrate on working on starting the school.
- A lot of ideas, passion, and excitement about the future possibilities.
- 9 people who have “liked” the Facebook page I made.
- Emails with advice from a lot of people around the country who are currently running their own similar schools.
- The requirements for starting a private school in my state.
- A timeline for what needs to be done in order to start a school.
Here is what I do not have:
- A location (I live in a small apartment so I can’t exactly run a school in there!)
- A spouse or significant other who would support me financially while I get the school up and running.
I have to somehow come up with starting funds, and I have to somehow have a way to get it running quickly so that I will at least be able to pay myself a living wage so that I don’t have to live in my car.
I would love to hear from anyone who has experience funding the start up of a school!
Thanks… I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can.